Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kids say the Darndest Things

Two funny stories from this past week:
Story #1: Koda came running in from the other room and said "Momma, Momma, my "dinger" (finger) hurts." So of course I kissed it and then tried to correct him by saying "ffffffff finger". We practiced for several minutes and then he got tired of it and went back to playing. About 10 minutes later I went in to his room and held up my hands, wiggled my fingers and said "Koda, what are these?" He looked at me with a cute grin and said "phalanges!" I didn't stop laughing for about an hour. Craig said "Well, he's definitely your kid...he can't say finger but he can say phalanges!"
Story #2: We were watching a movie and a Jenny Craig commercial came on and of course at the end it says "have you called Jenny yet?" Koda was sitting in my lap and I tickled him a little and said "Koda, Have you called Jenny yet?" He turned around and said "NO, I don't have a cell phone yet!" Again, quite a bit of laughing ! Now everytime he hears the commercial he says..."Can I call Jenny on your cell phone?" or "Have you called Jenny yet, Momma?" ...not yet Koda...give me a couple of months and I'll need her!

2 comments:

The Louders said...

I'm laughing my socks off. Oh, they're already off. Anyway, hilarious! I love your blog, it's the best! You are good at this, have great pics, and I love reading your stories! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! How we miss you guys!!! Sorry about the chicken pox, hope he feeling better. He is such a character. Hope you guys are doing good. We are staying our usual busy selves. Keep in touch.

Love you guys bunches,
Tiffany and crew