Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Chicken Pops!

Friday night when I got home from work, I noticed that Koda had some "mosquito bites" on his forehead and hands. Craig said the mosquitos were pretty bad in New Deal and that's where he thought he had gotten the bites. So I didn't think anything about it. Saturday I noticed more bites but again ignored them as "squita bites". By Saturday evening Koda was running fever and as I put him in the bath tub I began to see more "bites" on his stomach and neck. That night we fought fever all night and by Sunday morning I had a pretty good clue of what the "bites" were. When Craig came home for lunch that day he didn't believe me but as he looked him over he agreed...THE CHICKEN POX! Great! I called Dr. Landry on Monday morning and she told me not to even bring him in...that my "diagnosis" was right but since Koda had the vaccine that it should be a mild case and not last the full 10 days. Thankfully I have a really good boss and have been able to work from home this week and keep track of the spots! This morning they have started to get a lot better and hopefully we'll be back on our regular schedule by Friday. It's been nice to be at home with him but being stuck in the house isn't so fun! We've read a ton of books...even the "T" encyclopedia because he loves to learn about Texas and Trains and of course watched so many episodes of the Backyardigans I think I've got 'em all memorized! Thanks for all the calls & emails...he's doing fine. Tyler, Haddie & Datch were here this weekend so I'm praying they don't get 'em and Baby Payce was around him on Friday but so far no spots on anybody else. Although their parents may want to get 'em over with!
Here's a few pics of the chicken pox boy! As you can see, he's acting really "sick" and he's lived in his undies cause clothes "hurt". Oh to be 3 again!




1 comment:

Taylor Made said...

Get well soon Koda Bug, although you are pretty cute with those spots! We miss you!