Monday, August 25, 2008

Puckett, Jerry & the Reservation

The last few days of the work week were a new experience for me. Well, not exactly new but definitely hilarious. I had to go to a couple of schools in Northern New Mexico to help a few teachers implement our curriculum. Ours is a little different as it is ALL multimedia...bye, bye printed 30 lb textbooks...hello DVD, PowerPoint & CD-ROMs. The teachers seem to love it, it's just a little hard to get used to when you've used a textbook for your entire school life.
Anyway, the hilarious part was spending three days with Mr. Puckett & Mr. Franklin (aka Puckett & Jerry-our New Mexico sales guys). These guys are a hoot to say the least. Ever said "oh to be a fly on that wall"? Well that's pretty much what I was as we were driving all the way to Aztec, Bloomsdale & Dulce, New Mexico. Poor Holly (Hottie) had to put up with my incessant texting as I had to document the things these guys were saying. Picture being with the "Odd Couple" or "Grumpy Old Men" characters. I laughed the whole time. The drive was definitely an experience as Puckett was sure that there had to be elk somewhere round here and Jerry pointing out "elk" just to see Puckett jump!
As for the Reservation...Dulce is actually on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation. It was a different world for me as I've never been to that part of New Mexico (almost Colorado) and watching the kids in the classroom was an experience as well...not bad, just different. We spent two hours with two great teachers that are ready to use something they really think can make a difference in their classrooms.
All in all, it was a great trip and I had a blast with my two favorite sales guys. And of course, I learned A LOT! and ate green chile on EVERYTHING!
P.S. To Jerry & Puckett...thanks for the entertainment, close watch over the baby, and of course the help in locating the "snake toy", Koda loves it. & Mr. Puckett...you don't look a day over 64!

2 comments:

The Louders said...

So, what are some of the things you documented them saying? I bet this trip was hilarious! And yes, I'm commenting on all your posts!

hollybrynne said...

"i like coffee out of a white cup! it tastes cleaner!"