Monday, October 6, 2008

Yeah ABBY! Brynne's crib is done!

With only 9 1/2 weeks to go, we're definitely in the home stretch. This weekend I got a lot of painting done (thank you Koda for ALL your help!). We got the first coat of paint on the walls and the first of many coats on the trim and doors. Thankfully we've only had to buy the blue paint because the other colors we are using are leftovers from when we built the New Deal house...even the trim paint. I couldn't believe how much paint they left in our garage but I sure am glad we kept it!
Abby emailed pics of the crib today...finished already! Check that one off the list...sisters are awesome aren't they? This crib actually belonged to my mom's cousin when she was little and it was being stored in the Post house. My mom has one just like it in her house that she uses for the grandkids. I had thought about using Koda's crib but it didn't really match my idea for Brynne's room, so I volunteered Abby to redo this "antique" crib.
Here are the before & afters.

THANK YOU ABBY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Abbs!!! Maggie, I am sure you are ready for that baby to get here. Little girls are so much fun.

The Louders said...

I'm ready for your little girl to be here, dadgummit! But Kelsey can tell you, I like to steal 'em and hug on 'em and just love on 'em! Of course, I do that with my nephews too. Hehe. Hurry up and bring me the rest of the furniture...I'm ready!