Friday, December 19, 2008

I know, I know... Brynne's story!

So the last time we "talked" I was having contractions and not sure if they were real. Well, they were! And if I had waited any longer I might have had Brynne at work. About 10:45, I called Dr. Burke's office & asked if they thought I should come in & get checked. The nurse said to wait until they were progressively stronger and consistently timed, to take some Tylenol to see if that helped and then decide. That took about 15 more minutes for me to decide to go in. I sat at my desk with my feet propped up.
Megan got me some tylenol & Jordan, Ann, & Stephanie stood watch. 10:55, 11:00, 11:05, 11:10...ok, uh Megan...call Hottie! Operation baby (as Megan called it) was underway. I called Craig and told him I was going in to get checked and he said he had already left work and was headed to Lubbock. (He's never driven that fast...EVER!)
Hottie called Abby and then we headed to the hospital. Hopsital arrival time 11:40 am...I walked up to the 4th floor nurses desk and calmly explained that I thought I was in labor. They had me fill out one piece of paper and room 1 was mine. I was at a 6! So, we stayed...Craig arrived right around noon. No epidural yet...still waiting
About 12:40, the anesthesiologist got out of a C-section (with Dr. Burke) and I finally got what I thought was going to be some relief...not so much. Too bad the shot wasn't satisfaction guaranteed because the pain medicine never caught up with Brynne. They checked me again and I was at a 9. About two seconds after they said they'd be back to check in a little bit, I demanded that Craig go get 'em cause she was coming. One very loud yell & only one push later, Brynne was here. 1:58pm 6 lbs 6 oz & 20 inches of beauty.
I never believed I could do the "all natural" delivery...but we did it. I say "we" because the only way I made it through that was the Lord & Craig! Suprisingly, I feel better now than I did after Koda.
Everyone made it in time for her birth. Bill & Kathy are especially excited to have their 1st granddaughter after 4 grandsons! And Mom & Billy Max now have 5 granddaughters & three grandsons with one more girl on the way!
I'll have to think about how many great-grands on both sides but I think she's #10 on the Norman side, #11 on the Bigham side, and #5 on the Flanigan side. I could be wrong... AND she's also a great great grandchild - #17 I think.
Koda is very excited about his little sister and wakes up wanting to hold her & kiss her!


















































































1 comment:

hollybrynne said...

the GREEN SHIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!

hahahahaha that cracks me up.

ps...why'd you put that darn ole picture of you crying up, you're gonna make me cry again baaah!