Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fabric...Finally!

Last night it finally sunk in...we have 12 weeks til Brynne will be here! (By the way that means about 14 weeks til Christmas!) That put me into overdrive mode. I knew in my head it was only 12 weeks but when I started thinking about everything that needs to be done between now & then I got a little worried. Thank you Mom, Abby, Holly, & Cari for calming me down just a little bit but the main thing for me was that I hadn't even decided on a fabric. So of course nothing else could be decided. Well, this morning I went to finally order the fabric online and guess what...it was backordered. That did not help the anxiety level at all. So I checked another web site...sold out, the third web site had it but it was WAY overpriced. I went straight to Holly and told her we needed to go looking for it here in Lubbock during lunch (since I knew she didn't have anything better to do). Well long story short, we didn't find the one we were looking for but we did find this one that Holly & I both liked instantly. (Abby didn't answer quickly enough so I didn't have her opinion...which I need on practically everything!) After a quick call to Christy to confirm what type of fabric to get, we even got a striped material that matches. YEAHH!!!! Thank you Lord for answering my prayers so quickly. Thank you Holly for being a master packer, heavy lifter/loader, and putting up with me as I go from one idea to the next and even adding to the idea (better yet, taking away from the idea!). I'm so excited about it and now Cari (& Kathy) has some sewing to do, Abby - furniture redoing, Holly - painting, and Mom & I have lots and lots of cleaning out to finish. I am so thankful for everyone that has offered their talents & advice...it's greatly appreciated and definitely needed. (If anyone else NEEDS something to do...applications are now being accepted...we still have to refinish some floors, paint the rest of the house, fix a ceiling, and the list goes on & on & on!) We are truly blessed to have so many awesome family & friends. We definitely don't say it enough...THANK YOU! & WE LOVE YOU!


2 comments:

hollybrynne said...

im glad you have such talented friends too haha. i love you! Cant wait to meet Brynne and get HER opinion on our handy-work ;)

The Louders said...

I agree with Hottie, you sure know some talented people!! :) Hehe.
Hurry up and bring me the paint, I'm ready! And I can't wait for Brynne...I'm moving in for weeks to be the new nanny! :)
Y'all did great on the fabric choice...u definitely don't need me, I'm just a bonus sometimes I guess. :) LOVE YOU!