Monday, October 31, 2011

Honestly

I don't know what makes me want to blog or not blog. I think sometimes there's so much going on that I forget to, sometimes I don't know how to put it into written words and other times I struggle with how much is too much. Am I the only one that struggles with this? Honestly?

While the menu on the right shows only 4 posts for 2011, you know there's been alot more than 4 things going on in our life. I love reading other blogs but I often wonder "Who in the world would want to read about us?" Honestly?

My desire is for this blog to be uplifting and encouraging.  But more importantly, when I share I want it to glorify God in every word. There are sometimes when I want to blog but don't feel it can be all of those things...uplifting, encouraging and glorifying to God and HONEST at the same time. I'm not saying that I lie about anything, but sometimes I might omit a feeling or statement that could be construed as a negative. Call it Pollyanna syndrome or whatever but I was always taught to find the good in every situation before looking for the bad and I honestly TRY to do that everyday.

I read a blog this morning from a mother who has a child with similar issues to Brynne. She was so open and honest about how she felt and what was going on with him. It wasn't a negative post...just honest. It was so encouraging to me to read from her heart. How she actually put it into words I'll never know, but I felt a kinship and connection with her. I felt able to relate. I appreciate her...honestly.

So what does all of this mean?

Big changes? No. Will I post more often? Can't promise anything :) Will I share every detail? No. (& I can guarantee that)

BUT, after reading that mother's post today I felt God telling me I needed to be more honest because maybe, just maybe, what is posted might be encouraging and uplifting to someone else and in that I will be glorifying Him.

So there it is...honestly.

1 comment:

The Louders said...

Amen, sista!!! See, even this post does all those things! Thank you, helped me! I love you to the moon and back!