Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sports, phonics & gammaglobulin...

Ok, so are you wondering how those are related? Well, those are the new things in our life. It's Koda's first year for "organized" sports. We started with in-door soccer in Lubbock and even though I know it is organized...watching a bunch of 5-6 year olds running around chasing one soccer ball looks anything BUT organized. But Kodaloves it and I definitely see a lot more of his daddy showing up...the desire to win, the frustration of not and the definite love of anything called a "sport"! Next, is t-ball... Craig is not only coaching Koda's team this year but he is also in charge of the t-ball program.  He loves it (& is awesome at it)! and I am so excited he is finding his place here in Post. I've had fun helping him organize, proofread, schedule and even name the teams...our team is the "Lugnuts"!

So where does phonics fit in? Koda is READING and doing so well. It is one of my favorite times of the day when we get to sit down and listen to him read and with such EXPRESSION! and to hear him practice the same phonics rules as I learned...and Brynne is picking up on some of it. Koda even reads her favorite book "Pete the Cat" (which, if you haven't read it...you need to). I've videoed it a couple of times but every time we've had some sort of interruption. I'll get it done and be sure to share it. I figured I better get their love for each other on video as proof to show them when they're teenagers!

The gammaglobulin?.I'm sure I've misspelled it but today we got a slight glimmer of hope in the mystery that is our Brynne Brynne. We have been doing some immunology testing and today we got a phone call that one of the tests actually came back not "normal". My hear jumped! Ok, I know you are thinking....WHAT? You were happy about this? YES! With pretty much every test over the last two years not really showing ANYthing close to an answer...we might actually have something to focus on. PRAISE GOD! We still don't have an actual name but we do know that at least part of what Brynne has been dealing with is an IDD (Immune Deficiency Disorder). She will start undergoing a monthly treatment to, in non-medical words that I can't pronounce, basically give her immune system a huge boost. We are so excited to have a glimmer of hope of a name of something. We have been repeatedly reminded that the doctor's believe this is only part of what's going on in her body...but we'll take it! Thank you Lord for your continued faithfulness!

In other news, we are completely and totally excited about what God is going to do through Brynne's Smiles. You can read more about it at http://www.brynnessmiles.org/.

Thank you for keeping up with us...we love having you as part of our lives!

2 comments:

The Louders said...

Maci and I LOVE "Pete the Cat" too!!!

And of course I'm so excited about everything else too! ;)

Crazy Love... said...

"Teet da tat!"